Thursday, July 10, 2014

tespixhe - too good to be true

Today I want to show you one of the home-baked "sweets" families in Albania usually make for some eventful happenings, such as NYE or any other festive occasion!

Tespixhe

I am afraid that I cannot give an exact receipt of it but there are still some pictures I apparently made when my mum was in the mood of baking 'em.
 
this is the raw dough (cornmeal) with one egg (you can also put two eggs, just go after your own preference)
then get down to business and knead it gooood, lol. No, really, you gotta work!


you gotta spread the dough and before putting it in the oven you basically got to make the pieces clear for afterwards 'cause it is going to be hard to cut the pieces after the baking process. 
and an advice for you, before you put it in the oven, take a fork and stab it lightly in the dough so you can see some wholes in there. After putting it in, go on and make the sweet syrup for the tespixhe. - awesome combination!! (Okay, I admit this isn't a very detailed receipt but my goal is it to you guys make attentive for our sweets! there will be so much more, such as a well known one "bakllava")

the next one's going to be about a traditional meal. you can compare it somewhat to sushi or kimbap, but this one you can decide whether you'll eat it warm or cold served. 

Hajd' ciao!